Saturday, January 21, 2012

A note for you

I case'd another card that I stumbled across this week that uses one of my favorite SU sets. I bought Aviary last year with grand intentions (lol) and then didn't use it until now. This card caught my attention, so here is my recreation with very few changes.


Since I don't have white satin-type ribbon, I just used a ribbon without the ruffle look. (nothing I had looked right with that technique) I also didn't use a real button. Instead, I die cut several buttons with black cardstock and then glued them together. It's tied with embroidery floss from my stash of cross-stitch supplies. Very easy and very quick. I think this card would make a cute gift set in different colors!

Stamps: Aviary, Sweet Little Sentiments, Friend By Definition (Stampin' Up)
Paper: White (Papertrey Ink); Cherry Cobbler (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler (Stampin' Up); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Misc: 1/2" square punch (EK Success); Top Note die (Stampin' Up); ribbon, Buttoned Up #1 die (Papertrey Ink);
DMC #3777 floss

I was cleaning up my desk and started playing with the scraps left over from the first card. This time, I turned the card sideways, used more of the red, stamped a different cage to fit the space along with another bird, and embossed a different sentiment on black.

Stamps: Aviary, Small Sayings, Friend By Definition (Stampin' Up)
Paper: White, True Black (Papertrey Ink); Cherry Cobbler (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler (Stampin' Up); Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark
Misc: 1/2" square punch (EK Success); Top Note die (Stampin' Up); ribbon, white embossing powder (Filigree)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!