Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ornamental Christmas

Here is my card for this month's SFYTT sketch challenge. Yes, I know it's the very last day of the month! November was insanely busy for me. I've had this sketch on my desk all month, but just wasn't feeling inspired. Once I got an idea, the card came together quickly.


Since Verve Stamps was this month's sponsor, I had plenty of images to choose from for my card. That can be a good thing AND a bad thing. lol It makes it so hard to decide! I used Ornamental Christmas for the main panel. After stamping the pine sprig several times to make a branch, I hung the large ornament from it and used pop-dots to raise the ball image above the curly outline. I then used a long sentiment from Blessed Christmas instead of the narrow strip in the sketch. It just worked much better that way for my card.

Although I didn't plan the colors ahead of time, I am really happy with how rich and elegant this card turned out. It simply evolved as I stamped. That needs to happen more often! lol

Stamps: Ornamental Christmas, Blessed Christmas (Verve Stamps)
Paper: White, True Black (Papertrey Ink); Handsome Hunter (Stampin' Up); Green at Heart pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Handsome Hunter (Stampin' Up); Silver (Encore); Tuxedo Black (Memento)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!