Sunday, January 30, 2011

Love is in the air

I wanted to stamp a card today, so I decided to participate in the SFYTT sketch challenge to get myself going. The sponsor is The Cat's Pajamas, yet another of my favorite stamp companies, and I own several of their sets. Since Valentine's Day is right around the corner, I used the cute rocket image and a sentiment from Puppy Love for my card.


 (edited to add another picture with much better lighting so you can see the true colors)



 Boy, did I struggle with this sketch! It seems like a straightforward and simple design, but I played with different papers/colors for a good hour before I settled on this combination. The rocket looked lost on plain white cardstock and the cloud paper I had didn't work with my colors, so I used Pretty in Pink ink to sponge cloud shapes behind the rocket. I then used the matching paper to paper-piece the rocket body. I love how the clouds help ground the rocket and also add a small fantasy element to the card. It turned out pretty cute after all!

Stamps: Puppy Love (The Cat's Pajamas)
Paper: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink (Stampin' Up), Bittersweet (Basic Grey)
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
Punch: Heart (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!