Saturday, January 1, 2011

Glitter for Christmas

I went to a workshop at my Stampin' Up demo's house several weeks ago and made this framed Bingo artwork. It uses stamp sets from the Holiday Mini 2010 catalog called Bingo Card and Jolly Bingo Bits.



 I don't remember what colors I used or the name of the decorative paper, unfortunately. You can see the glittery details in the closeup pic. The colors aren't entirely true to life, but you get the idea.

I had so much fun making it that I decided to make five more to give to my family. It was the perfect opportunity since it was the first time I was home for Christmas in nineteen years. Since I don't actually own the stamps, I went back to my demo's house to stamp and then glittered/assembled them at home. If you read my first post, then you already know that my name is Procrastinator, so it shouldn't surprise you that I did these at the last minute. The two days before we left, I made these gifts in the middle of packing for our trip and performing the closing weekend of a show. I was literally putting them in frames on my way to the airport. (and no, I was not driving at the time!)

I also made five tag punch snowflake ornaments using a tutorial from Splitcoaststampers. They turned out great! I used different colors of glitter to match cardstock I had on hand so each one was unique. I just wish I had taken a picture of them! Glitter was all over me and my desk. In fact, I'm still finding glitter everywhere. But even with the mess and time-crunch, I had an absolute ball making all of it. It felt good to be creating again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!